ALCTS offers three continuing education courses over the Web and is in the process of developing several more. We would like to offer multiple sections of some courses targeted to participants from the same type of library.
We are recruiting knowledgeable librarians to teach additional sections of:
- Fundamentals of Acquisitions Web Course
- Fundamentals of Electronic Resources Acquisitions Web Course
- Fundamentals of Collection Development and Management Web Course
- New courses in areas of collections and technical services
1. Take the course as a participant.
2. Repeat the course shadowing the instructor, with access to the instructor interface.
3. Team-teach the course with an experienced instructor.
4. Teach the course solo.
A modest honorarium will also be paid for solo teaching each session.
If enough qualified applicants are identified, we would be able to create special "train the trainer" sections of the course that would allow us to accelerate the instructor training process.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming an instructor for an ALCTS Web Course, please complete the online instructor application at http://alctsprogram.wufoo.com/forms/alcts-web-course-instructor-application/. You will be asked to:
- Include a statement of interest (300 words maximum)
- Specify the areas in which you are interested in teaching (acquisitions, collection development, serials, preservation, etc.)
- Attach a copy of your resume
The deadline for applications is May 4, 2009.
Head, Acquisitions Dept. University Libraries
& Interim Marketing Manager, University of Akron Press
University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-1708