- Generate and share inspiring research ideas;
- Do your own research;
- Present and publish your research;
- Encourage and support others doing research (fill out those email surveys);
- Read research papers and articles on bibliographic control;
- Organize a research program or other event on bibliographic control at a conference you attend;
- Spread the word-let everyone interested in cataloging, catalogs, metadata, bibliographic control of any sort know about it;
- Attend programs on cataloging research at ALA and other conferences.
Read the complete editorial in Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, vol. 47, issue 8 (Nov. 2009), pages 687-690.